What Is Detoxification?
This is the process of removing toxic substances or qualities from something. When we think of detoxification, we mostly think of removing drugs or alcohol from one’s body. But this process can be applied to more than that. When someone decides to detox their body it can be for a number of reasons. One can decide to detox before they start a new diet regimen. Or because they want to increase their energy on a daily basis. The benefits of detoxing your body definitely outweighs the bad when done properly. Before you start any diet program you should consult with a professional first.
Benefits Of Detoxing
A body detox can help you in many ways, maybe even ways that you haven’t considered. Doing a detox can make you feel a lot better and help you get rid of bad habits. You may detox by drinking more water, going on a water fast, drinking more green juice, or by simply choosing to eat clean.
* Jump-Start Your Diet – If you have problems turning down food that is not good for you, and you’re snacking a lot, a planned detox such as a juice cleanse can help jump-start your new diet. It can help you get over cravings, shrink your stomach and deliver more nutrition to your body to help you become stronger.
* Help Prevent Chronic Disease – Many people who go on a detox plan such as a water detox, green juice detox or other similarly strict plan, end up preventing and even reversing chronic disease. People often see marked improvement and a lowering of medication for diseases like type II diabetes and high blood pressure.
* Increase Energy – A good detox can help you get your energy back. This is because you will get rid of bloating, food reactions, and other things that get in the way of a good night sleep, like caffeine or junk food.
* Improve Your Skin – When you let your digestive track rest and drop certain foods from your diet such as dairy, you will improve your skin pretty quickly. Most people see a change in their skin within just a couple of weeks when they restrict their food intake.
* Overcome Addiction – When you have trouble turning down things like wine, French fries, pie and so forth, a detox of some kind can help you get control over yourself and help you overcome those addictions that develop.
It’s clear that if you detox your body, you can improve your life substantially. It’s super important to learn about the different types of detoxes that you can do. Each detox will help you take care of various problems that you may have.
A Detox Can Provide...
* More Energy – When you detox your body and get rid of all the sludge that’s holding you down and making you feel heavy and sluggish, you’ll feel more energetic than ever. Usually it takes at least a three-day cleanse to get these benefits, so don’t expect one day to make it work. Shoot for at least three days.
* Emotional Release – During a detox, when you are restricting your diet severely, you have less opportunity to drag yourself out of thoughts that make you think. This will often cause pent-up emotions to be released. It’s shocking how food acts as a drug on your body to hide your emotions.
* Less Anxiety – After experiencing an emotional release, you’ll start to feel less anxious about your life and the things that happen in it. You’ll realize how much you really do control different aspects of your life.
* Feeling More Connected – Getting in touch with nature can make you feel connected to the physical world and to other humans on a whole new level. You’ll increase your connection to the earth, and that will make everything better.
* More Control – The act of putting yourself through a detox may seem impossible, but if you take it one day at a time you’ll make it through. You’ll learn that you have so much more control over yourself than you ever thought possible.
You can reap all these benefits and more detoxing your body. There are many types of detoxes you can try, and you’ll have to decide which one best addresses your issues. But, pretty much all of them will give you these benefits.
Small Changes Can Make The Difference
You don’t always have to do a full-fledged strict detox to reap some of the benefits of detoxing your body.
* Try a Breakfast Smoothie – Make a smoothie from spinach or kale, bananas, hemp seed, and plant-based milk or yogurt each morning. You’ll get in some of your veggies for the day, and jump-start your metabolism.
* Drink Fresh Juice – Make your own cold-pressed juice to drink each day for a snack. You can make juice out of cucumber, orange, and ginger with a little wheat grass for added nutrition. Drinking just six to eight ounces of fresh juice a day can help rebuild good gut bacteria and ward off colds.
* Omit Dairy – If you just do one thing to help detox your body, omit dairy from your diet at least 80 percent of the time. Dairy can cause phlegm in adults, acne in teenagers and adults, as well as a myriad of stomach issues.
* Drink Water – You may already drink some water each day; you know it’s good for you. But, did you know that other fluids (even fresh, green juice) isn’t a substitute for fresh filtered tap water? You need at least 64 ounces of fluids per day. If you still feel thirsty, or even hungry, try drinking a glass of water before doing anything else.
* Shop the Perimeter – Eating food as close to its natural form is important for good health. Shopping the perimeter of the store means you’re going to skip the processed food and go straight for the fresh produce.
* Change Your Plate – Make half your plate veggies in order to get the most benefits from them. Veggies are low in calories and fat and have more nutrition per serving than any other type of food.
Very small changes made each day can make a big difference in your life. Try making each change, one at a time, for at least 28 days to see what happens as a result of the change. You can’t know how much good any one change is doing without taking the time to test whether or not the change worked.