We have given a lot of information and benefits about detoxing the body. Hopefully you found the info to be helpful on your journey to detox your body and get healthier. If you are in the middle of a detox diet, it is essential that you keep exercising. However, the type of exercise you do should take into consideration the kind of detox you are doing.
If You Are Doing A
* Water Detox – You do not want to move around too much and use up too many calories. So, the best exercise to do while water fasting is to do easy stretching exercises and posing exercises like yoga. The reason is that you will not have enough energy to do much more. But you want to avoid too much muscle loss, so incorporate some careful resistance moves using bands, or your own body such as planks. One program I found to help keep my muscle tone during a water detox is Shapeshifter Yoga. You can go at your own pace and it is low impact enough where you will not burn unnecessary energy. Learn all about it here.
* Raw Food Detox – The great thing about the raw food diet is that you do not need to slow down the type of exercise you do. In fact, you should be able to work out harder than ever. Consider bike riding, rowing, rebounding, and pretty much any type of exercise. Do not forget to hydrate in advance and after.
* High Carb Plant Based – This diet incorporates a lot of cooked starches, and you will need to burn off the extra calories you may ingest. You will have a lot of energy, so you can do anything during this type of detox. Perform exercises that make you sweat for extra results.
* Juice Detox – When you do a juice detox you will still be eating enough calories to exercise. However, you may experience some measure of weakness so you should be careful about the type of exercise you do until you are sure about how the juice detox will affect you. Try careful exercises like walking, stretching, and swimming. Homedics have a great mini stepper that will give you a low impact work out. Check it out here.
Exercise itself is a form of detox
Even if you are not doing a specific diet detox for your body, you can use exercise to help detox by doing work that make you sweat. Stay hydrated the entire time before, during and after the exercise, and make sure that you listen to your body as you work hard enough to sweat. Take a shower after to wash all the toxins away and off your body to avoid rashes associated with sweat. Detoxing your body is good for you, will improve your health, and make you feel great. You can get started today.
How A Massage Can Assist With Detox
We listed some of the interesting benefits that you may not have considered that doing a body detox can provide. Now, we will explore another type of self-care that can increase the good effects of your detox. Massage is a tried-and-true method of eliminating toxins from your body, pushing them through your lymphatic system.
Your lymphatic fluid system is essential to your good health. It works directly in concert with your cardiovascular system. When you get a massage, the rhythmic pressure and movements work to push things through the system faster. This is good because if your system becomes sluggish for some reason such as illness, it will make you feel worse. A good massage can help you get well faster.
Massage can assist with:
* Chronic Pain – Many people report less pain when getting regular massage. It is one reason chiropractors have added massage to their services. Massage is a proven way to help loosen muscles, push toxins through your system, and make you feel better almost immediately.
* Muscle Pain from Exercise – When you exercise, toxins can get stopped up and stored in your joints and muscles. Getting a post-workout massage can help avoid that tight feeling you sometimes get after a lot of exercise. Therefore, sports professionals get a lot of massages.
* Colds – Even allergies can be lessened with regular massage. Certain types of massages can clear sinus cavities and passageways, making it easier for you to breathe. This in turn helps you sleep better at night and get well sooner if you have a cold.
* Puffiness and Swelling – Most of the time puffiness and swelling has to do with being dehydrated, but it can also be due to a build-up of toxins. Drink a lot of water before your massage to help clear your system even faster.
* Fatigue – If you find that you are tired a lot, it may be due to a build-up of toxins in your body that is preventing you from getting a sound night’s sleep. A massage as close to bedtime as you can manage will help you sleep better at night. And, sleeping better will give you more energy.
* Headaches – Most headaches are caused by tension and if you think about it, tension is a type of toxin that you do not want to have inside your body. A good massage will help you release all that tension and thus help you lower incidents of headaches.
If you enjoyed this article be sure to let us know! Share, like, and subscribe to our mailing list to receive tips, offers, & promotions for items centered on improving your overall well-being.